Sunday, December 23, 2018

Welcome to Meadowmint Soaps!

2018 is nearly gone - another year of growth, trials, joys, experiments, losses and gains. Typical in many ways for all of us, for as Solomon expressed it in his book on the search for life's meaning - "There is nothing new under the sun." Jeremiah reminds us though that GOD'S MERCIES are new every morning. If not for that, life WOULD be meaningless.

Our family welcomed "someone new under the sun" this summer, a precious baby girl born to our oldest daughter in July. Now I am a Grandma, in a household full of doting aunts and uncles.
Though I had never envisioned it, this daughter, Alisha, and her husband are launching into a soap venture of their own, in Michigan. It all started with a surplus of goat's milk. I wish them much success!

As in most of life's ventures change happens all the time. Some of my soaps I've decided to phase out, and there are also a few "new" varieties. One that has not made it into the compilation of pictures yet is Spearmint Patchouli"  - a combination of those two timeless and favorite scents. As with the Patchouli ( I never would have "gone there" in the first place because we do not like it, but someone asked for it at a market) this scent was requested. So far it has been appreciated by customers.
An experiment this year was a combination of orange and tea tree in a goat's milk soap. Tea tree is a powerful, more medicinal type of essential oil, and it has indeed proven to be of great benefit for some customers who are managing skin issues. I always love to hear when folks are experiencing healing with my soap!

A word on Titanium Dioxide. My preference would be to totally avoid anything in my soaps that is not unprocessed but I do use this whitening agent in a few of the soaps to maintain a contrast in color.  Some may have a concern about it; this is NOT the nano particle form of titanium dioxide, and poses no health concern, I believe. As well, the amounts used are minute. That said, I do plan to eliminate it in the Bergamot Grapefruit, contrasting with a pink clay instead.


My soap can still be found at Jim's Country Market on Grant Street in Chambersburg, at Paul's Country Market in Waynesboro, and at Country Breeze in Marion, all in Pennsylvania. Also, this summer I placed my soap in a newly opened Fair Trade shop in downtown Chambersburg - Another Man's Treasure.
Soap can also be picked up at my home in Marion and I will ship as well.

So as we look ahead to a new year, may it be one of  PEACE and JOY for all, and thankfulness for God's mercies new every morning!

Janelle

6 comments:

  1. Shop for Natural Skin Care Products made from ayurvedic and organic ingredients to nourish, restore and protect your skin the way nature intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I purchased your wonder soap at Jim’s market. I would love to order more especially the lemongrass and Sweet Spice. Did not find a site to order. Kim Carthen Oviedo Fl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry, I had thought people could contact me through email but I realize that was omitted on the site. If you see this reply, contact me through meadowmintsoaps@gmail.com. Thanks, Janelle

      Delete
  3. Hi!!! Your patchouly spearmint brings back memories of my grandmothers…one always smelled like patchouly and the other spearmint!!! Do you take orders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I have not kept up with this blogspot. I had thought people could contact me through email from this site but evidently it was NOT set up that way. If you see this reply, you can contact me through meadowmintsoaps@gmail.com. I do take orders and I do ship soap. Sorry for the delay.

      Delete